Dynamic tilting wheelchair with physiological pivot points and spring-loaded elements
The Dynamis TSD, with its approach as a dynamic movement aid, was developed for patients who experience uncontrolled movements (e.g. spasticity, athetoid movements and other motor dysfunctions) for whom a rigid aid does not offer an optimal solution.
Inflexible restorations often put the user in stable positions, which can lead to tension, pressure points or other contraindications in the patient. The approach of the Dynamis TSD is that the body is not restricted in its freedom of movement, rather involuntary stretching movements (e.g. spasms) are guided over the physiological pivot points and softened by the spring-loaded elements. The integrated rebound function of the spring system supports the return of the patient to the original sitting position. This brings relief for both the user and the caregivers, because repositioning the patient after a stretching phase is not necessary or is less time-consuming thanks to the support.
The Dynamis TSD is available with an individually configurable ergonomic seat and back unit or as a base for seat shell systems from specialist retailers.
Take a look
- Dynamis TSD is a dynamic tilting wheelchair that grows with it´s user and is for people with uncontrolled movement disorders.
- Thanks to the easily and continuously adjustable back dynamics, unlike systems with gas pressure springs, there is no need to search for the correct gas pressure spring strength.
- The Dynamis TSD is suitable for children, adolescents and adults with a body weight of up to 90 kg.
- Every SORG wheelchair is individually made for your dimensions and needs.
- The Dynamis TSD can be tilted from -3 ° to + 30°.
- Available with ergonomic seat and back unit or as a base for seat shell systems from specialist retailers.
- The Dynamis TSD can be finely adjusted to the user.
- The Dynamis TSD is approved as a seat for transport in a motor vehicle according to ISO 7176-19.
- Dynamis TSD stands for maximum patient benefit and user-friendly handling in the best craftsmanship – made in Germany.
The adjustable back suspension with variably adaptable rebound function, the spring loaded leg rest and the optional spring loaded headrest make the Dynamis TSD the ideal aid for people with uncontrolled stretching movements or other motor dysfunctions. Combined with the natural pivot points in the knee angle on the leg support and the pelvis on the ERGO seat and back unit, the user’s movements can be optimally and dynamically guided.
The optional ERGO seat and back unit offers individual and optimal body guidance. The seat and back unit made of aluminum can be adjusted in width + 2 / + 4 cm and in depth +2 cm. This means that it can be perfectly tailored to the user even in growth phases. The side parts support an optimal sitting position, which can be individually adapted to the body shape according to therapeutic aspects. The Dynamis TSD can be equipped with SORG’s own ERGO seat and back unit made of aluminum (with anatomically shaped seat and back cushions), or alternatively with a seat shell adapted by a specialist retailer.
With the Dynamis TSD, thanks to its pivot point shift, the entire seat unit, i.e. the seat surface and the backrest, can be tilted backwards. With this tilting of the seat unit, the wheelchair user can easily and comfortably switch between the strenuous sitting phase and the relaxing reclining phase, whereby the buttocks and the spine are specifically strained and relieved. In addition, the tilting can ease or activate the cardiovascular system, breathing and sensory integration (perception) of the user.
|Technical deatils||Dynamis TSD|
|seat width||26 – 50 cm (+2 / + 4 cm)|
|seat depth||28 – 52 cm (+ 2 cm)|
|back height||35 – 65 cm (+ 5 cm)|
|weight capacity||90 kg|
|wheel sizes||16″, 20″, 22″, 24″|
|caster size||5″, 6″, 7″|
|tilting angle||-3° bis +30°|
- By tilting the seat and adjusting the back, the user perceives a change in spatial position, which is of fundamental importance for stimulating his entire metabolism and his perception.
- Thanks to the open pivot points in the pelvic and knee angles, the movement of the patient is guided and not fixed in the event of spasticity. So it is not worked against the movement, but dynamically with the movement.
- The back suspension has an adjustable rebound function that can be used to automatically guide the patient back into the original sitting position.
- All functions of the Dynamis TSD can be operated with just one hand (tilting, back angle adjustment, adjustment of the leg support, etc.), which means that the caregiver always has the other hand free to help and secure the patient and everyday therapy is much easier.
- Dynamic back system with continuously adjustable back suspension by means of spring damping including rebound return to the pre-set basic setting.
- Dynamic leg support
- Height-adjustable push handle
- Frame and seat width grows by + 2 / + 4 cm and seat depth by +2 cm without purchasing new parts
- Adjustable seat height and position
- Standard headrest
- Anti-tipper (tilt protection) on both sides
- tiltable from -3° to +35°
- Back angle adjustable in three basic settings (90°/95°/100°)
- Standard wheels with drum brakes and quick-release axles as well as solid or pneumatic tyres
- Caster wheels with aluminum fork in various versions
- Knee lever and drum brakes
Further equipment components
- ERGO-seat and back unit
- ERGO-knee guidance
- Equinus foot suspension
- Dynamic headrest
- Second gas spring for high strain
- Various leg support options
- Numerous positioning aids such as swing-away pads, arm pads, calf pads, etc.
- Other brake versions
- Therapy table
- Sun protection
- Hundreds of different spoke covers
- Anodized colour packages and much more…
Can’t find the option you need?
Further options can be found in the order form or on direct request from our technicians. We are happy to help!