The growable mobile standing frame
The Boogie Drive supports the therapeutic concept of (early) mobility in an upright pose. With the support according to the three-point-method for an upright pose a careful and controlled strain to the bones and the whole musculature takes place. Even inactive muscels are activated, strained and stimulated.
- Individually manufactured according to your measurements and needs.
- Boogie Drive is the first growable (+4 cm in width, without additional parts) mobile standing device for children and adolescents.
- The Boogie Drive has many, individually adjustable truss pads
- All support functions incl. the foot plate can be set in precise steps or even steplessly in 3 dimensions.
- With the 3D-foot plates Talipes equinus can be compensated
- The centre column of the Boogie Drive can be adjusted in angle steplessly with a gas pressure spring or telescope from 0° to +15°
- Furthers alternatively the sensory perception of the upright pose with simultaneous mobility.
- The ideal shoulder-driving wheel-position as well as the camber can be precisely set to the physical possibilities of the user.
- frame width 36, 40, 44 (each +4 cm growable without additional parts)
- German Aid Index Nr. 28.29.01.3010
Boogie Drive is the first growable standing aid for children and adolescents. It furthers alternatively the sensory awareness of an upright pose with mobility at the same time. Thanks to its growing option it is growable 4 cm without additional parts and can be used into adolescence for the straightening therapy.
While developing the Boogie Drive, easy handling and setting for the therapists was important to us. The tilt can be adjusted in angle steplessly with a gas pressure spring or telescope from 0° to 15° and through the easy and individual setting of the truss pads and foot plates you can react to each necessary therapy form. The Boogie Drive helps its users to form a positive attitude through mobile standing.
Three frame sizes
No child enters the world to then lie in bed the rest of their life. The opposite is the case. Small children have the natural urge to get up and learn to walk – despite all the pain. A child that cannot upright itself due to their impairment needs an aid that can alternatively mediate the sensory awareness. It is offered in 3 standard sizes and is therefore an ideal standing aid for children and adolescents with a height from 80 to 150 cm.
|max. user height
|ca. 150 cm
|36/ 40/ 44cm (+ 4 cm)
|24“, 26“, 28“, 30“, 32“, 36“
|0°, 3°, 6°, 9°, 12°
|centre column tilt
The Boogie Drive supports the therapeutic concept of (early) mobility in an upright pose. With the support according to the three-point-method for an upright pose a careful and controlled strain to the bones and the whole musculature takes place. Even inactive muscels are activated, strained and stimulated. At the same time the balance system is stimulated by the upright pose, a fundamental requirement for the physical and cognitive development of a person. First with the perception of the 3-dimensional changes in a room the children can experience: up/down, back/front, right/left. From this they learn: side regulation, balance control, reflex control and as a result the build of a controllable muscle tone.
With this stimulation:
- a side dominance (parallel alignment, no diametric orientation and activity possible),
- a reflex interference (voluntary and/or involuntary movement patterns),
- an impaired perception in the sense of space and in sensory (the child can only partly attribute its limbs to its self and actually use them as “tools”)
can be worked against.
The danger of scoliosis, decubitus ulcers, trauma, spasms, cardiovascular, metabolism and/or digestive insufficiency etc. is distinctly reduced by this. Boogie Drive supports the strengthening and stabilizing of the metabolism, the cardiovascular system, the sense of balance, perception, reflex control, the digestive system and breathing. The use of less strength when driving due to the large wheels, the ergonomically ideal shoulder-driving wheel-position, its maneuverability in the smallest space, its child and development suitable, growable dimensions allow the therapeutically sensible use starting in the earliest child years. With the growable frame sizes the upright-therapy can continue into adulthood.
The following options are included in the base price (exception: driving wheels)
- tilting setting of the centre column with telescope adjustment of 0° to +15°
- profile wheels with built in hand rims, drum brakes and puncture proof tyres (not included in base price, regard the additional charge)
- adjustable camber
- sprung casters in back with locking lever, height adjustable
- one or two casters in front
- chest truss pads
- pluggable posterior truss pad, adjustable in height and depth
- standard knee truss pads with kneecap cut-out, adjustable 3-dimensional, individually abductable
- aluminum foot plate, adjustable 3-dimensional, individually abductable
- many different coating options
Further equipment components
- anatomically formed seat and back cushions
- seat and back cushions in many different colours and patterns
- foot rest steplessly adjustable in height, depth and angle, optionally foldable backwards
- push handles and bars adjustable in height and angle
- attendant brake control on push bar
- different positioning aids (head rests and abduction wedges)
- A lot of different spoke cover designs
- outdoor Front End and special tyres
- therapy table and water bottle
- waist belt and heel loop
- safety wheels and much more
Didn’t find the necessary part?
You can find further options in our order form or ask our technicians directly. We are glad to help!