- built individually according to your measurements and needs
- activity wheelchair for early childhood rehab (from 12 months on)
- perfect adjustment to each young user’s needs
- innovative lightweight and compact design for smooth handling and highest stability
- two frame versions: Retro- or Taurus-frame with optimized abduction
- sizes from 18 to 30 (34) cm seat width
- growable in three dimensions
- many cloth, colour and component options
- German Aid Index Nr. 18.99.02.1012
Out of the stroller and in to independent mobility. In order to avoid damages it is important to encourage independent mobility as early as possible (starting at 12 months).
2 frame variations Taurus and Retro
The Mio comes in two frame variations…..why?
Two different frame versions (Taurus and Retro frame) do not only have design but support different therapeutic approaches: While the Taurus frame allows much leg room (also with ortheses shoes and other therapeutic aids), the Retro frame can be used as an aid to independently get in and out of the wheelchair or even be used as a walking aid, due to its curved front part. Speak to your doctor/therapist which Mio frame is suitable for your therapy.
Growing function without additional parts
Mio can grow up to 2 cm in seat width, at least 4 cm in seat depth and up to 5 cm in back height without additional parts and with little hand movements.
Mio is an activity wheelchair especially developed and designed for the tasks of early childhood rehabilitation. Thanks to Mio’s innovative lightweight and compact construction and its stylish design, this highly active wheelchair grants a maximum of mobility and support for its little user’s natural development.
With the help of the principles for early rehabilitation, such an exact aid could be developed for the earliest age which allows the perceptual and sensitizing process at the right time. Which is when the child’s body is set naturally to the development steps.
All foundations for autonomous mobility – such as upright sitting, crawling, standing and walking – are normally built at an age from approx. 12 to 18 months. If bodily impediments restrict this “normal” development, the new Mio allows fully activating and fulfilling the child’s potential for movement and mobility. All possible forms of consequential damage may thus be avoided in good time. With Mio, e.g. an effective stimulation of the equilibrium organ can be achieved, where an otherwise missing stimulation could lead to a very restricted development of the child’s autonomous and conscious muscular tonus. Thanks to a combination of upright posture and self-determined mobility, Mio guarantees an effective foundation for the later development of gross and fine motor skills, without overstraining its little user.
Due to its optimized lightweight and compact construction, Mio grants a smooth and easy handling in therapy and daily life at all times. Anatomically formed seat and back cushions perfectly support the child’s upright posture without restraining their urge to move. And the flexibility of the back unit allows an easy adjustment of the perfect seat position for an energy-saving, active or stable handling. This way the child’s muscular tonus is trained up playfully and unconsciously while Mio’s little users curiously explore a world that is gradually growing with them.
Since Mio is growable in all dimensions, this new activity chair also contributes to the necessity of long-term cost reductions in the health service sector. And thanks to its clever and stylish design, this chair is more than just an “aid”; Mio is a reliable and loyal companion in the challenges of therapy and the adventures of daily life.
- rigid aluminum frame with V-shaped abduction
- extendable seat width (2 cm), seat depth (min. 4 cm) and back height (5 cm)
- frame versions Taurus or Retro
- back angle adjustable steplessly from 80-120°
- seat position for active driving can be adjusted easily and steplessly
- standard wheels, light-weight wheels or profile wheels with built in hand rim each with axle, pneumatic or puncture proof
- built in Bowden cable brake in wheel cover
- caster wheels with aluminum forks in many different variations
- many different frame colour variations: shiny, metallic, coarse structured and dormant
Further equipment components
- anatomically formed seat and back cushions
- seat and back cushions in many different colours and patterns
- foot rest steplessly adjustable in height, depth and angle, optionally foldable backwards
- push handles and bars adjustable in height and angle
- attendant brake control on push bar
- different positioning aids (head rests and abduction wedges)
- A lot of different spoke cover designs
- outdoor Front End and special tyres
- therapy table and water bottle
- waist belt and heel loop
- safety wheels and much more
Didn’t find the necessary part? You can find further options in our order form or ask our technicians directly. We are glad to help!